DOT 4 Brake Fluid Tester Pen for Water Oil Contamination Detection Includes Battery
- Calibrated for cars using DOT 4 brake fluid only (found in most cars produced since 2006)
- Quick and easy way to test for moisture content in the brake fluid; results appear in seconds!
- LED light indicators show percentage of water in the brake fluid
- 4 Levels of detection circutiry
- Takes 1 x AAA/1.5V battery (included)
- Product Description: Brake fluid should be checked regularly and changed every couple of years. As moisture seeps into the brake system through the brake hoses and seals the brake fluid will become contaminated and the danger of brake failure will increase. This pen-shaped brake fluid tester can determine whether it's time for you to change your brake fluid. Instructions: 1. Turn on the brake fluid tester by pressing the button. A green light should light up. If the light does not come on, it may be time to change a battery. 2. Unscrew the lid for the brake fluid reservoir, and take off the cap for the brake fluid tester. 3. Dip the test probes into the brake fluid and the LED lights will indicate the percentage of water in the brake fluid. 4. After testing, remember to screw the lid of the brake fluid reservoir back on tightly. 5. The tester will automatically power off after 12 seconds of inactivity. The LED lights will indicate the percentage of water in the brake fluid: Green: None Green/Yellow: Less than 1% Green /Yellow/Yellow: Approx. 2% Green/Yellow/Yellow/Red: Approx. 3% (Time to change brake fluid.) Green/Yellow/Yellow/Red/Red: Approx. 4% (Change brake fluid immediately!) Please note: - This brake fluid tester is calibrated for DOT 4 brake fluid only, which is used in most cars produced since 2006. - Replace the battery if the green LED light no longer lights up after you press the button. - Wash the test probe with tap water after every use. - In case of skin contact with brake fluid, thoroughly wash the affected skin or clothing with water. - Do not expose brake fluid to the atmosphere for a long time as it is highly hygroscopic.